TeamMCR manages one of the biggest and most comprehensive calendar of school sport competitions for Manchesters’ Primary, Secondary and Special schools. There are over 350 annual events, leagues and competitions.
Our programme incorporates Leagues, Competitions, Festivals and Events that are designed to encourage physical activity & create positive experiences by ensuring competition provision reflects the motivation, competence and confidence of our young people.
- 79 Girls Teams
- 85 Boys Teams
- KS3 & 4 Girls 64 Teams (15 teams more than last year)
- Girls Knockout Cup 76 Teams
- Boys Leagues Y7-11 135 Teams (6 more than last year)
- Boys Knockout Cup 130 Teams
- Y7 – Y11 Leagues 125 Teams
- Girls U14s & U16s 42 Teams (10 more than last year)
- Boys Y8, U14s & U16s 76 Teams
Competitions, Festivals & Events
Our Competition programme delivers across 26 sports with opportunities for schools to enter:-
Excel Competitions for young people that are confident, competent and competitive.
Inspire Events that have more of a participation focus, with opportunities to receive coaching, play games with some competitive elements but that typically don’t involve recording scores. Inspire events focus on the Spirit of the Games values of Determination, Honesty, Teamwork, Self Belief, Passion & Respect.