Salary Range – £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an innovative, passionate and experienced School Sport and Community specialist to join Manchester Schools PE Association (TeamMCR) as Development and Operations Manager. TeamMCR obtained charitable status in 2018 and has subsequently launched an exciting vision and strategy which will expand delivery from age 4 to 25.
In 2022/2023 our programmes included 250 events and competitions and 82 leagues for primary and secondary schools. Our leadership programme engaged 1,125 volunteers and 5,620 voluntary hours and we also ran extensive Health and Wellbeing and Community Programmes.
We are looking to employ a committed individual who has experience in PE and School Sport, Community Delivery and leading and managing a team.
Your role will be to shape and grow our delivery programme ensuring that it is fit for purpose and to be able to influence stakeholders, including schools and key national and community partners, to build long-term sustainable partnerships. Alongside this you will proactively lead and manage our delivery team and will be a key member of the TeamMCR leadership team. Through your application you will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of working in or with the Education sector working with Primary, Secondary and Special Schools
- Clear knowledge and understanding of national, regional and Manchester based policy in relation to Physical Education, Sport and Community Development particularly the School Games Programme
- Demonstrable experience of Community and Sport Development work and a clear understanding of the challenges faced within areas of deprivation
- Previous experience of managing staff and leading a team
- A clear and demonstrable passion for engaging Young People in Physical Activity and Sport
This is a FullTime permanent position covering 52 weeks per year. The postholder will report to the Interim Chief Executive
To apply for the role please download, save as and complete the attached application form and send it to James Crowley, Business Manager [email protected] by 5pm on Monday 18th September 2023. We are anticipating significant interest in this role and if you haven’t heard from us by Monday 2nd October please assume you haven’t been successful.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Claire Wilson, Interim Chief Executive, [email protected]
Closing date: Monday 18th September 2023 at 5pm Final Interviews: Wednesday 4th October or Friday 6th October (tbc)
TeamMCR is fully committed to the safeguarding of children and all staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and full child protection/safeguarding training. TeamMCR is an equal opportunities employer.